Friday, March 6, 2009

lighter fare...

Random bits from our house...

--I am getting a kick out of sending the kids on a mission (get their sippy cup from the other room, find their blanket, etc.) and watching them start out and then very quickly get distracted by something else or get a few feet away and completely forget what they were supposed to do. Makes me laugh.

--Ethan is suddenly able to do so many things by himself. He can get dressed, brush his teeth, get ready for bed, get ready to leave the house...it makes me proud and happy but also a little sad. He is growing up so fast!

--My ipod that I thought had miraculousy healed itself did not actually heal itself at all. Still broken.

--I had my high school girlfriends over last weekend. People are astonished when I say that I still hang with my high school (and junior high, in some cases) friends. I think it is pretty awesome--having moved so much, I never thought I would have long-term friends like this. We had a delightful time and I so enjoyed it. However, I learned not to drink martinis mid-afternoon--I was ready to sleep at about 5 PM! Save your scolding--I wasn't drunk at all, just tired. :)

--Olivia has been taking longs naps this week. It has been delightful. I have watched several fascinating shows on the History Channel whilst enjoying the quiet time.

--After many inquiries, I have decided not to get rid of my maternity clothes. If you are in need of some clothes, come over and shop! I will keep them here for you.

--How about this weather? Loving it! Keeps a person hopeful that winter will indeed be over at some point.

--Nine in the Afternoon by Panic at the Disco is a delightful song to make a Genius mix to in itunes.

4 comments:

Jon Towey said...

As long as you also know not to drink mid-morning! Trust me.

Shelly said...

ummm....not getting rid of the maternity clothes?!?! hmmmm??

Anonymous said...

I must be 4 - I also get distracted....forgetful when I start out on a mission! Really tough when you forget what you were about to do!
Doug

brittany said...

whoa, are you pregs, or what????