Friday, April 25, 2008

It's 2:05 AM....

and I am sitting in the ER in Celebration, Florida. It is a pretty nice place---looks like the dollars we spend at Disney are going to good use!

Ethan is severely dehydrated and is getting watered by an IV right now. He didn't enjoy the experience of getting the IV or the x-rays for his distended belly but he is finally sleeping. He looks so crumpled and tiny in his bed--I sat there watching him for a while just thanking the Lord that this isn't our normal reality.

He wasn't getting better today and wouldn't eat or drink anything. I finally called the nurse line back in MN and they told me to get thyself to an Urgent Care pronto. We tried an Urgent Care but they just sent us to the hospital in anticipation of us needing more care than they could give.

They'll keep giving him fluids for a few more hours, at least. Not sure about the belly stuff yet--could be nothing. Don't think Mom is getting to bed tonight. My mom (Gummies Joanne) is here with me and for that I am thankful.

Just got a text--Emily is throwing up now! I pity the people who check into our room next. :)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

oh bummer!!!!! how awful! hope things perk up, including Ethan, soon!

Nicole said...

How dreadful! Poor Ethan & poor mom and dad. What an ordeal during a time thats supposed to be so wonderful at the most magical place on earth. My prayers are with your little family, Rachel. Is it Norwalk virus?? Poor tyke.