Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hmm.

We are back from our vacation that was not actually a vacation. I am disappointed that things went the way they did but understand that life happens. All told, Jay, Ethan and Emily all fell victim to this stomach bug. Ethan is fully recovered although I am so glad we took him to the ER when we did. His test result for (severe) dehydration came back at a 16 (normal is 22)--they told me that normally they would admit someone for that but since we were on vacation they would try to keep us in the ER. The nurse also told me his blood sugar was 56 to which I breathed a sigh of relief. She looked at me like I was crazy--she didn't realize that part of me was scared that he might be showing signs of diabetes. Just the lethargy mainly but you never know.

I have had a rough few days here. Today I broke down in tears at Panera while having a birthday lunch with my mom, Em and Jimbo. I just can't take the noise sometimes. Olivia is crying constantly--I think it is her teeth but she is still wailing all day. If I'm not holding her she follows me around screaming and hyperventilating. I can remember moms in ECFE saying this about their kids and I just figured they weren't being tough enough on the crying. This isn't a "cry it out" situation. It just isn't working. This is what you get for being smug. And poor Ethan--he just wants to play with her but always ends up making her cry. I get so ticked with him--why can't he just leave her alone?

Okay, I'll stop with the complaining. That isn't what this blog is about. But since I can't muster any enthusiasm for anything I will cease to write for now. Check back in a few days when I have regained my spirit. :)


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Rachy... I SOOO know the feeling... Kael wouldn't sleep without being held, and he wouldn't ride in the car or be strapped into a stroller either... His scream was so bad it literally HURT our eardrums! I cried a lot too... It lasted until he was about 8 months... 8 LONG MONTHS of screaming and needing to be held... I cried to his doctor about it, AND I was already on Prozac by then too!! No help there! Feel free to call and cry/vent whenever you need to! At work, etc.! I remember what that was like, and how AWFUL it felt... And I left Kael crying sometimes too b/c I my ARMS HURT!!! It sucks b/c we can't "fix" them or change them... Keith just felt frustrated and wanted to make it better! OY!!! So I guess in a REALLY long-winded way I'm trying to let you know that you're not alone, and you're not a bad mom for being frustrated and annoyed with it! :) :) :) Love ya friend!