Monday, March 24, 2008

A shout out to my healthy husband!


This is Jay, January 2007 at 215 pounds.


This is Jay, March 2008 at 161 pounds. He has grown a tumor the size of a three year old boy! No, that's Ethan (with a very wet diaper, how embarrassing for me) hanging onto the tattoo that Jay has of Ethan's name on his arm. Olivia's name is on his other arm.

When Jay decided to lose a little weight last year, I was very skeptical of his chances for success. He had never stuck with anything for more than three weeks. But for some reason it stuck this time and his inital plan to "just get down to 190, maybe 185 if he worked really hard" was quickly accomplished in three months so he kept going. He is now thinner and in better health than he was when we got married. His diabetes is really in control and his A1C results are at 7.0 which is great for him. (For those of you that don't know, Jay has been diabetic since he was 2.)

Jay, I am so proud of you for taking control of your health! You have become a better husband, friend and father since making these big changes in your life. Thank you for caring enough about us to care for yourself. I love you!

4 comments:

Jay Olson said...

Thanks Rach! You know, I have to be in great shape to weild "The Axe" on the Svenomenon World Tour!

Stephanie Balvin said...

WOW congrats, that's awesome!

Jon Towey said...

I guess I will ignore the rumors that Jay has been spending time with Roger Clemens trainer....has he received any shots in the butt in the last year. Actually, don't answer that...

brittany said...

two things....
1] Ew! take down those pics. Thats my brother.
2 My AIC has been 6.0 for the last 18 months. Golden Child once again. =)

We love and miss you guys!!

--britt