Monday, March 31, 2008

Not much to blog about...

Why is it snowing? Why are we tempted with 50 degrees and then hit with a blizzard?

Had a pretty great weekend. My spa day on Friday was THE BEST. Seriously. I will give you a brief summary of the day. Started off with hydrotherapy (a.k.a. "bathtub"). It was much better than taking a bath in our tub at home--I didn't have to move any toys out of the way and try to keep children out while I relaxed. Then came exfoliation time. Kim, my masseuse, was very small but surprisingly strong! She exfoliated the crap out of my skin--it felt wonderful, like I lost weight by getting rid of dead skin. Kind of wished I could've put her in my pocket and brought her home so she could do this for me every day. Then it was body wrap time--she slathered brown goo all over me. Then it was steam tent time--as I was steaming she massaged my head. Delicious. Then I showered to rinse off the goo. I did notice that I was all alone--no Olivia crying because she couldn't see me and no Ethan trying to hang from the ceiling fan in our room. It was quite wonderful. After my shower, Kim lotioned me up and sent me to lunch. I had a tasty organic meal that I enjoyed whilst reading US Weekly. Does it get any better? After lunch I had my massage--I think I may have drooled a little. Then it was time for my facial. I've never had one of these so I wasn't sure what to expect. Elizabeth, the facial lady, took one look at my eyebrows and nonchalantly asked when was the last time I had them done. I replied "never" and she quickly offered to do them, no charge. I said "YES!" and she proceeded to rip my hair out. She said she is passionate about eyebrows--she doesn't care if you pay, she just needs to make sure it is done. What she did in 30 seconds probably would've taken me 3 hours to do with a tweezer. It was a very eye-opening experience, no pun intended! So the facial was great--I was cleansed, moisturized, unclogged and massaged. If you ever feel like you need a massage but don't want to spend that much, try a facial. They still massage your head, neck and shoulders and your skin feels amazing afterwards! When I finally got home (this whole day took about 6 hours) Jay wanted to hear all about it but I just wanted to take a nap! :) Seriously, you wouldn't think a day of pampering would take so much out of you but it did.

Ethan spent Friday night at Gummies Debbie and Gramps and had a great time (except, of course, for the dinosaurs that paid him a visit at 3 AM). He also spent Saturday night at Emmy and JT's and terrorized Patriot.

Jay and I pretty much blew our entire food budget for the month this weekend. We had two tasty dinners out (nothing fancy, just Famous Dave's and Red Robin). Baby Sister was with us both times and did pretty good.

I did find out that Sven the Weather Man and Guitar Hero idol was scooping ice cream in Eagan on Sunday afternoon. Cousin Becki told me about it and I was tempted to go; however, I was concerned that if I told him about Svenomenon he would want to read the blog and I sort of made a joke in an earlier post about his size so I decided not to go. I did see him on the news last night. I should set up a poll to determine if we think he fake bakes or uses self tanner. It is quite a thing to ponder.

Tomorrow is sort of a big day for me. I am going to see a rheumatologist to discuss some test results that came back "slightly positive" for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. I am pretty nervous because I really am not interested in having either of those illnesses but at the same time am interested to find out what has been wrong with me for the past few months. I think they will determine that the tests were actually negative to begin with and that they don't know why I always feel like crap. I'll keep you posted on this. Just an FYI, I am very disappointed in my body these days. This past year has been very difficult for me physically and I don't like it. I used to always be in fantastic health and was never sick or run down. I don't know how things went downhill so fast.

Here are a few new pics for you to enjoy!


Easter Sunday--doesn't Ethan look like he is 6?!?

Jay and Dave, June 2001 in Canada

4 comments:

Stephanie Balvin said...

2 kids will kill you! I know first hand- when we Izzy, I was the same way. You feel like you are in a depression and fog-like state. Have a third- it will clear right up!:) all joking aside, maybe some counseling will help- I know that was HUGE for me. Sometimes clearing out your mind and clear out the rest of you too. Let me know if I can help.

Gmax said...

Could Olivia be any cuter in that picture?? And Ethan looks so grown up! But seriously, Olivia's pose is so cute!

Shelly said...

spa day sounds fab.! Facials are my favorite!! :) I hope your appointment goes well, I want to hear about it. The sign in Jays pic is hilarious!!

Locke said...

That Canada pic will live forever... (French accent) AND NOW WE GO TO LAKE LOUISE!