Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5: I love...

I love my witty family! We banter back and forth via email on a variety of topics. Past gems have included The Scent of a Leader, National Mulch Day, TWSS (That's What She Said), and many event planning emails that devolve into wisecracks.

Recently my dad sent an email with all the phrases found in the Bible that we now use in our everyday conversation. A few thoughtful emails went around and then we blew the lid off it. We spent today coming up with funny ways to incorporate our "Louwsma Speak" into bible verses. There were many good ones, such as:

-After wandering for 40 days in the desert, Jesus said, "I must rest as my dogs are barkin'. "
-When Jesus is asked if he is the Son of God he replies "I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin..."
-After betrayed by Judas Jesus says "Thou hast dog faced me"
-And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I have major dirt."

Then Jay took things to a whole new level with this gem. Jaws dropped, all were stunned. It is amazing. Louwsma Speak is in red.

Mathew 22:23-33 (NILDV - New International Louwsma Dictionary Version)

Marriage at the Resurrection

23 That same day the LSOP (Little Sadducees of the Poor), who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a querry. 24 “Bueno/que bueno, Teacher,” they said, “I have a memory cloth of Moses telling us that if a man isn't in shape he may as well just die without having pies, and his main man must marry the widow and raise up pies and grand pies for him. 25 Now there were didy nine, didy didy nine brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the didy nineth. 27 Finally, the woman died from being speewacked on the most scenic highway in Jerusalem. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the didy nine, since all of them were married to her and considered her the last of the good deals?”

29 Jesus thought, "Leaders gotta lead," and replied, “I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin', you are onfortunately frowed off and fused up because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage as that would be both crunkle junk and crinkle dink; instead they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—far be it from me to say have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching and realized they had got a learning on. And Jesus stated, "Booya."

3 comments:

Jon Towey said...

it's true....we're the best!

Debbie Olson said...

WOW,Jay!!! That expensive college education is really paying off! I'm very impressed with your grasp of the Louwsma dialect!

Addie said...

I beg to differ, there, fatboy. Royce's got you beat.