Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 19: I love...

I love that my family wholeheartedly participated in Family Clean Up Day!

I don't mind being the cleaner in the house. I understand that it is my role as a stay at home mom to keep this place running. It is my office, after all. But no one likes a messy office, and I don't like having to constantly chase clutter to all ends of the house.

Today I made a list for Team Mom and Pibs and Team Dad and Ethan. We started in the basement and worked our way up to the top of the house. So much mess and clutter got cleared away today! It took about two hours of working (and dancing, and stopping for a snack) but we got it done. We didn't tackle things like the kitchen (I do that happily) or the master bedroom (that will require much more work). But the pile of junk sitting on the stair railing? Gone. The drawer in the kitchen full of odds and ends? Empty. It is a great feeling. We celebrated by going to Lion's Tap! Ethan got to pick our seat--he picked the high stools. And Pibs wore her (way too small) kitten costume. Yep, it was a good day. :)

P.S. One more thing I love--dinner with the Elliott's tonight! We had such a great time--thank you for a fun night!

No comments: