Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 22: I love...

I love having a family (both immediate and extended) that cares about me!

Today I had a big fall while walking Ethan out to the bus stop. I landed flat on the back of my head. I thought I was going to pass out for a sec and was trying to figure out how to tell Ethan to help me. I laid on the ground for a few minutes (my clothes were soaked after this--not pleasant). Thankfully I didn't pass out and I wasn't bleeding so I got Ethan on the bus and headed home.

I called my mom and asked her to come down, which she did right away. Then I called Jay and asked him to come home, which he did right away. I laid in bed all afternoon with a headache and the start of whiplash ache. I am so thankful that I have people around to help me at times like this!

I called the nurse line and they told me what to watch out for. So far I am okay. But be careful! I walk out to the bus stop every day and have never fallen so you just never know when your feet will fail you.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Glad you are okay! Could have been much worse!

Jim said...

Yikes! Very scary. I flipped backwards while cross country skiing last month and hit the back of my head and it really scared me...and it left me woozy for quite a while. Glad you are recovering