Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's on like Donkey Kong

The kitchen project has begun! We are hunkered down in the basement now while our main level is getting trashed. The guys showed up Tuesday morning to demo things and within 2 hours all the kitchen cabinets were gone and the half wall was gone. I had no idea it would go that quickly!

Yesterday I picked up our flooring--and nearly wrecked Jimbo's van! Oops. I guess the flooring was a little too heavy. Then, to add insult to injury, I asked Jimbo to accompany me to IKEA last night while I picked up all the cabinet stuff. We actually managed to get all of it in the van--it wasn't pretty. The van was nearly bottoming out but we made it home. It was quite a scene.

Now I just have to sit back and wait until the electrical and plumbing work is done. If anyone ever needs names of good people, let me know. The guys that are doing all this have been fantastic.

Here are some photos of the progress. Is it progress if half your walls and floor are missing? :)

Before


Now

1 comment:

Missi said...

Wow, that's great progress! At least in terms of speed. I can't wait to see what your new IKEA cabinets look like!