Saturday, January 29, 2011

good read

I'm looking for a good book. I've read a couple of stinkers lately and am getting frustrated. Clearly the book recommendations in People magazine are not for me!

I am currently working my way through Gone with the Wind and plan to read George Bush's book when I can wrestle the Kindle away from Jay. :)

Got any recommendations for me? I don't like overly sad books and I can't handle the kidnapping or killing of children. The Lovely Bones disturbed me for months. And I can't stand books about self-absorbed New England/New York women. Just my opinion.

So if you have a book you are in love with, tell me!

4 comments:

Addie said...

Have you read The Time Traveler's wife? Or Never Let Me Go?

JoAnne said...

I just read "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I really liked it, however, it was set in the 60's and I could really identify with it, remembered some of the events mentioned (it is fiction) since I was in college at that time.

emily said...

my favorite two books -- cold tangerines and bittersweet both by shauna niequist. i absolutely LOVE both.

Cate Mezyk said...

LOVED "The Help!"