Sunday, January 31, 2010

my lead foot?

I got pulled over last night for speeding for the first time in my 16 years of driving! It was about 1 AM; I was coming home from a Scrap n' Crap with Shelly. I was going exactly the speed limit when I was stopped so when the officer asked if I knew why he pulled me over I honestly didn't know. Apparently he clocked me going 56 in a 40! Yikes! I never drive that fast--I thought I was in a 50. He started out being the "tough cop" but quickly became friendly when he realized I hadn't been out at the bars. He let me off without a warning and told me he was looking for something bigger anyway. Then we chatted about my Cricut (scrap tool) and how his fiancee is making him help her make 200 wedding invitations.

This was not how I expected my first stop to go. I am so happy he decided not to ticket me but I am horrified I was paying so little attention to the speed limit! Perhaps my car paid me back for my recklessness because as I pulled away, the tiny crack in my windshield from a rock turned into a huge splinter running the entire width of my windshield.

Have you ever been stopped? Is your experience similar?

4 comments:

Shelly said...

you mean you DIDN'T stop at the bar on the way home from crap n' crap...oh I mean SCRAP n' crap...

hehehe

bummer about the windshield

Terri said...

Totally off topic, but I'm envious of your cricut. Do you like it?

RobbieRobb said...

I have never been pulled over. I am an amazing driver. I am perfect behind the wheel and thus invisible to the po. Sucks to be you Rach. You officially have a 'slap on the wrist' on your record.

Unknown said...

Rachel--what is the matter with you? Have you lost all sense of responsibility? Git that windshield fixed immediately :). Love, YerDad