Tuesday, January 5, 2010

i resolve to have a resolution

I think New Year's resolutions are pretty worthless. They are fun to come up with but really hard to stick with. With that said, I have made a resolution for this year! :)

I resolve to clean out my freezers and my pantry. I have piles of food at my house and no idea what I bought them for or what to do with them. So I let them sit until they spoil or get so freezer burned that they are unidentifiable.

So today I made an inventory of the freezers and the pantry. I posted this inventory on the pantry door. I pulled out some stuff that I knew what to do with for tonight. I am off to a good start!

Does anyone know of a great website where you can put in a few ingredients and it will show you recipes that will work? I know Google does that but I was wondering if there were any actual recipe websites that do that.

BTW, Pibs has polished off an entire can of mandarin oranges since noon today. I found it whilst cleaning the pantry--imagine that!

4 comments:

anne said...

allrecipes.com - click on Ingredients at the top. I use that sucker all the time. :)

Sheri said...

I also like allrecipes.com.
Can you believe that at 14 months Evan has proven to be able to eat a whole large can of mandarin oranges in one sitting - along with the rest of his meal. Yes, I did allow this to happen :) He loves them!

Cate Mezyk said...

I think epicurious.com does that as well. Sometimes I throw together all the canned stuff (like beans, tomatoes, etc) in the crock pot with some meat and spices and just see what happens. It's usually pretty tasty.:)

Anonymous said...

id hate to see the diaper that followed a whole can of oranges!