Tuesday, May 4, 2010

i feel like i got away with something

On my way home from dropping Ethan off at preschool, my gas light came on. I noted that the price at the station by my house was $2.84 per gallon and decided to just stop on my way back out later.

90 minutes later, I drive to the gas station and was devastated to see the price has jumped to $2.95! In 90 minutes!!! I cursed myself for being lazy but needed gas.

When I pulled up to the pump though, the price was still listed as $2.84. I hustled to get that tank filled up before they figured out their mistake and charged me more.

All that hurry was for nothing though--I asked inside and the clerk said they change the big sign first and 20 minutes later they change the pump sign.

When this happened, I really felt cool. But now it just sounds lame. :)

1 comment:

Emily Towey said...

It's good to find joy in the little things - that's the makings of a happy person. Besides, you probably saved $1.30 - that's a 44 oz fountain drink!!! :-)