Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kitchen update!

We are on the home stretch with the kitchen. It is fully functional--we just need to put the finishing touches on it. It was quite a job getting everything put away; many thanks to Katie and Andrew Nelson for spending a Saturday night helping us put it all away. And yes Katie--my spices are still organized! ;)

Yes, those are Electrolux appliances you see! Since we saved so much money by getting IKEA cabinets we decided to splurge on the appliances. They are well worth the money--totally awesome! We've been having fun trying to learn how to use them this week. We have broiled steak in them twice now and I've baked a cake and several batches of cookies.

I started dreaming about this kitchen last May. I wasn't sure it would be possible to relocate a kitchen. Turns out that it isn't that big of a deal at all. It has been so cool to see the vision become a reality. All those hours I spent dinking around with the IKEA kitchen planner paid off! There were a few bumps in the road but for the most part things went well. We are using the kitchen about two months after we demolished the old one which I think is pretty good considering we did quite a bit ourselves. Now comes the hard part--finding the motivation to finish the little details that don't detract from the kitchen's usability.

4 comments:

Addie said...

NICE use of the IKEA cabinets

Shelly said...

looks great! can I have dinner there someday?!?! :)

ThePackerBacker said...

awesome Kitchen! How is the 'new' table treating you? Have you used the funky magnetic stove top yet? And, how were the broiled steaks? Did they turn out well? I am glad that you and yours have enjoyed the new kitchen, you all worked very hard on it!!!

Gmax said...

I just got back from hanging out with your sister yesterday and she told me how awesome your kitchen was, so I had to check out your blog! Its true, it looks absolutely amazing!