Tuesday, October 19, 2010

it's not me, it's you

Do you get frustrated by the crappy drivers out there? Some days I can ignore it pretty well but other days make me seethe. But of course, I am never a crappy driver--right? ;)

I'm pretty sure that isn't true but I do try to follow the rules most of the time (except that irritating speed limit one). Today I nearly got broadsided by a guy who decided it was his turn to go (it wasn't). I put my hand up as he drove past to say "Dude, seriously?" (no, my middle finger was NOT extended). The silverhaired gentleman did the same to me as he roared past. Which then of course makes me wonder why he seemed to think he had the right of way. Maybe he knew he didn't and figured he could intimidate me into not going. It worked.

Everyday I make a vow to myself as I head out in my car--I vow to just ignore the stupid people around me and not take it personally. It has yet to actually work but it is a good start, right?

No comments: