Sunday, August 22, 2010

to ink or not to ink?

I have tossed the idea of getting a small tattoo around for quite some time. A few years ago, I was almost ready to pull the trigger but didn't. Now I am thinking of it again. Do you have a tattoo? Are you happy about it or regretful?

I'm thinking of getting something very small on the top of my foot, right by where flipflop straps would be. Maybe my kids names, birthdays or maybe a Jesus fish. I don't want to just get something for the sake of getting something--I want it to mean something, you know?

Tell me your tattoo stories!

P.S. I almost got my nose pierced a few years ago and still wish I had gone through with it. Maybe when I turn 35! :)

6 comments:

Summer said...

I have two tattoos that I got years ago. I have a sun on my right shoulder and a flower on my left lower back. Sun = summer; flower = bloom. I got them for my name.

I have always wanted one more tattoo. I said I would stop with three, but for the third one, I want to be able to see it.

I love my tattoos and don't regret them at all. I think you should go for it, but do agree that it should be something meaningful to you.

Kristina said...

Kris has a tattoo. It is the Chinese symbol for father and is on his upper left shoulder. He got it on a "sibling bonding" trip with his sister and brother to the tattoo shop. His brother got the Swedish flag on his hip (he's since gotten the Norwegian flag on his other hip - they're 50/50 heritage) and his sister got her nose pierced. They had a great time doing it together. Kris wants one more - the kids' name in a weird graphic language as a band around his thigh. He has no regrets about his tattoo...obviously since he wants another!

anne said...

Not to be Debbie Downer, but you know the foot is the most painful area possible, right?

I've never regretted mine (back of my shoulder that I got before going off to college, remember that??) but it's partly because I never see it! ha!

I'm actually about to get another one finally - three stars on the inside of my wrist for the hubby and 2 girls.

Sheri said...

No tattoos for me, but a friend a Wooddale got one on her foot of a meaningful word in Hebrew (I can't remember what word). I thought it was a fun change on Chinese characters.

brittany said...

i have 4 and dont regret any of them, although 2 of them are on the dumber side of things since i was 18 and 19 when i got them. i like the idea of tattoos relfecting kids birthdays/names. thats exactly what my next one will be, something that depicts my wedding and felix's birthday. do it!!!!

H Lou said...

No tats, but I did get my nose pierced when I was 19 and I loved it!