Monday, July 12, 2010

day one of a schedule

Yes, I have been a stay at home mom for almost 6 years now and am just now trying a daily schedule. Last week I had a raincloud over my head all week about being a mom and I was just miserable. After I got tired of feeling angry and chaotic all the time I hit google for some help.

I found a GREAT blog (http://blog.wantingwhatyouhave.com/)--it is full of great organization info and very well-written. It has tons of other great stuff--I highly recommend you check it out.

Anyway, being an inconsistent and unscheduled person, I took a stab at a daily schedule. Today was our first day trying it out and I must say, it was a success! We certainly didn't keep to it perfectly but it gave us a guideline for the day. I think it was better for the kids to know what to expect and it kept me focused on what I need to be doing. I didn't have to do as much disciplining as usual and Ethan didn't complain nearly as much.

I posted a copy of the schedule in the kitchen so that Jay knows the plan as well. It is helpful because I am often working in the evenings so he has to go it alone.

Here it is, in case you want to make one of your own!

Daily Schedule
8:00 Everybody up! Get dressed and brush teeth.
8:15 Breakfast at counter
9:00 Leave for gym
11:00 Home from gym
11:15 Mom makes lunch
11:30 Lunch at table
12:00 Play time in basement
1:00 Quiet time
2:30 1:1 with Ethan
3:00 Wake up Pibs, have snack
4:00 Tidy up main floor
4:30 Mom makes dinner
5:00 Dinner at table
5:30 Mom cleans up kitchen
6:00 Play time outside or in basement
7:45 Snack at counter
8:00 Brush teeth, put on jammies, read books
8:30 Lights out!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Thanks, I love seeing other people's schedules. I need to make one too, I have been winging it long enough!
Do you really go to the gym every day? Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I'm so pleased that the schedule idea is working for you, and thanks for the link :)