Sunday, April 25, 2010

this pretty much sums it up


This is Olivia. I love her very much but right now she is a very difficult child to be around. This picture captures Olivia perfectly. She is in her jammie shorts (always in shorts, have given up this fight) and snow boots. Her choice, not mine obviously. And she is about to give her friend Cole a beat down. His offense? Nothing more than just being in her territory.

She can be so sweet and fun but can also be completely crazy and emotional. I'm really starting to see how different boys and girls are. Ethan had his issues too but it was pretty straightforward as to how to deal with them. I always knew his currency and was able to deal with behavior issues by taking his favorite toys away from him, and usually only had to do it once. Olivia is a totally different bird. She doesn't seem to learn, discipline and punishment mean nothing to her. The only thing she loves is her blanket and bear but I never take comfort items away--that just seems mean. I think I need to read that strong willed child book. I thought Ethan was strong willed but he's got nothing on her!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Ha! Sounds just like Elijah, we are still trying to figure out his currency. Unfortunately the only thing that worked for us was time. He got easier to handle slowly after his third b-day. I read all the strong-willed child books. They all have really good advice, but when put into action they are too practical for our way impractical child! Good luck, you will need a lot of patience!!!