Wednesday, December 30, 2009

reflections on a decade

I know many people feel that this past decade has been a big stinker but for me personally, it was wonderful! Some of the highlights:
-became a wife!
-had two fabulous kids!
-bought 2 houses
-bought 4 cars
-found a vocation that is the perfect fit
-hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back out in one day
-took some great family vacations
-watched both of Em's kids being born
-became active and involved in a small church
-continued employment for Jay despite the economy

Granted, there are downers from this year. 9/11 being a huge one; the wars that are still ongoing; financial crisis; 4 car accidents (only one was my fault!); deaths of extended family members. But overall, I still think of the decade as being pretty great!

I feel like my life is turning out just as I hoped it would. Granted, I didn't have a firm plan on what that was going to look like but I am liking how it is unfolding! :)

Here's to the next decade being just as great!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Contentment is a good thing! I'm so thankful that you are in my life!