Monday, November 9, 2009

the swine flew into our house

Well, it's here. Ethan has an unofficial case of H1N1. He started showing symptoms on Friday and is still feeling pretty yucky today. Mostly just a fever and a cough. Not sleeping as much as I would expect him to. Doctor said there is really nothing that she can do for him--Tamiflu won't help at this point. Jay and Olivia are on Tamiflu now with the hopes that they won't get it or won't get it as bad. Poor old mom gets nothing--except the flu I guess!

Last night I heard Olivia screaming around 4 AM. I knew something was up because I can't even remember the last time she woke up in the middle of the night. She was just laying there screaming and I just knew she had thrown up. I got her cleaned up and by that point she thought the whole thing was pretty funny and kept saying, "Wee-ah burp! Wee-ah burp!". She was still laughing about it today, talking about how she burped. It makes me smile. :)

So that's the news from our house. It is going to be a loooong week.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

clever title! :)

but bummer news!

why don't you get Tamiflu?

Jill said...

We got it last week, well 10 days or so of it. Ali's fever lasted 6 days, just as she got better Lindsey got it. But she also got Tamiflu and was fine in about 3 days. That stuff worked better than I thought it would. Good luck, it stinks doesn't it?