Tuesday, June 23, 2009

who has he been kissing?

Ethan has mono! Seriously. I was shocked--I didn't know that little kids could get mono. He has had a high fever since Friday morning so I took him in yesterday--mono. He is on an antibotic to help with the lymph infection but other than that there isn't much to be done for the mono. She said he will most likely start feeling better in the next few days. Needless to say, it has been a miserable few days at the Olson house. Now I'm just waiting for Pibs to get sick!

Jay took yesterday and today off work so we could do some fun family stuff. Yeah, we aren't able to do much of anything, except break up fights between the kids (apparently you can fight just fine while having mono). And now Jay is feeling sick! He is still in bed with a really sore throat and the start of a summer cold.

I was able to clean and organize Ethan's room and our bathroom linen closet and I must say, I feel a little high from it. Really! I get really juiced up when I do a really good cleaning that results in good organizing. And I didn't spend a dime--usually my organizing requires a few trips to the store. Jay and I have bets on how long the clean will last. My money is on a week.

That's it from our part of the world. I feel like melting but I sure would love to be at the pool with the kids. Maybe soon!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I had mono in 9th grade. Mine included an extremely bad sore throat, so you might want to watch Jay too! That stinks!
On another note, my husband and I can not stop with the literal videos. They are hilarious. Our favorites are Head over Heels, penny Lane, and Take On Me. Thanks for introducing us to all this laughter :)

Anonymous said...

Rach, duct tape the closet door shut and you will win the bet with Jay. If you can't get in, it won't get messed up!
Doug